Digital Communications Manager
Rosie's Place was founded in 1974 as the first women’s shelter in the United States. Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that helps poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity, and find security in their lives.
Today, Rosie’s Place not only provides meals and shelter but also creates answers for 12,000 women a year through wide-ranging support, housing, and education services. Rosie’s Place relies solely on the generous support of individuals, foundations and corporations and does not accept any city, state or federal funding. Thanks to these donations, 87 cents of every dollar raised go directly to services for poor and homeless women.
Rosie’s Place is seeking a detail-oriented and innovative professional with a passion for human services to join our Communications team. The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for generating, managing and evaluating compelling content for our website, social media, direct mail and other channels that supports the varied communications needs of all departments and maintains a positive image of Rosie’s Place across a wide-reaching audience.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
- Manage analyze and optimize Rosie’s Place’s website, ensuring an up-to-date, content-driven, engaging and user-friendly site.
- Work with Development and Women’s Craft Cooperative (WCC) to manage fundraising and commerce pages of the website.
- Manage, analyze and optimize Rosie’s Place’s social media strategy and presence on four or more channels—creating content to drive engagement and social conversation.
- Manage image library ensuring all assets are archived, organized and accessible.
- Design postcards, invitations and mailings for External Relations departments.
- Shoot and edit videos and photography for social media, website, online giving campaigns, mail pieces and publications.
- Format and send regular email blasts.
- Assist Women’s Craft Cooperative in creating marketing plans and generating content including merchandise photos and descriptions for the website.
- Contribute to writing and editing projects as needed.
- Work with staff, guests and community stakeholders to tell the stories of Rosie’s Place in an engaging and effective manner.
- Serve as a representative of Rosie’s Place as needed at our events and at community relations activities.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Communications.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU'VE ALREADY DONE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, design or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in communications or a related field.
- Superior writing, proofreading and design skills and the ability to effectively communicate the mission and philosophy of Rosie’s Place.
- Strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Rosie’s Place.
- Demonstrated success with website content management systems, email marketing and social media management.
- Demonstrated advanced technical ability to create impactful graphics, videos and other digital assets.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Creative Suite and other design software.
- Working knowledge of SEO, as well as growth tracking, ROI, web-related data analysis and other metrics.
- Advanced HTML skills preferred.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud systems; Luminate and Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Motivated self-starter committed to formal and informal on-the-job learning.
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and be welcoming to all.
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative and busy department.
WHAT WE OFFER
The starting salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 with a robust benefits package. We’ll promote your professional growth and development by providing access to a benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 403b retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT ROSIE’S PLACE
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. The Digital Communications Manager is a 40 hours/week, exempt position and is expected to work on-site at Rosie’s Place during their work week and engage regularly with staff, guests and volunteers. They are also expected to be flexible with their days on-site in order to take part in organization events, photo opportunities, video shoots, etc. The position may require travel between facilities or community locations.
We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them and all employees must follow our safety protocols. It is required that all Rosie’s Place staff members are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their application through the online portal. All applicants will receive a response to their application within two weeks of submission.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.