Dining Room Associate (11am-7pm)
Rosie's Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
The Dining Room program aims to provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for guests who take their meals at Rosie’s Place. The Dining Room Associate will provide nutritious and tasty meals for the women who utilize Rosie’s Place services.
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some responsibilities and procedures are added, changed or suspended to adhere to safety guidelines in response to the pandemic. Currently, volunteers are not working onsite at Rosie’s Place.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Prepare and serve entire meals
- Supervise the tasks of the volunteers
- Know and maintain health department regulations as they pertain to food handling, storage and sanitation
- Perform the clean up as set forth in the “Shift Completion Checklist”
- Ensure the safety of our guests and volunteers
- Clean and sanitize tables and chairs after guests use them
- Intervene in guests’ crises and emergencies in a dignified and respectful manner
- Maintain inventory
- Stock food and supplies
- Continually seek overall improvements to the Food Program
- Know up-to-date information about food handling best practices, which may include attending ServSafe and Massachusetts Allergen Awareness trainings
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Food Program Manager
WHO YOU ARE:
- One year experience working in the food service industry
- Experience cooking for large groups
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be physically able to safely lift 50lbs, reach, bend and stoop
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to speak Spanish or Haitian Creole strongly preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
The salary range for this role is $17-20 per hour and is commensurate with experience. We’ll promote your professional growth and development by providing access to a benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 403b retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
Monday-Friday, 11am - 7pm
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT ROSIE’S PLACE
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them. We require all employees to receive the COVID vaccine. For the safety of the community, Rosie’s Place employees are expected to obtain COVID tests if they have symptoms or have traveled by plane. Quarantining may be required after air travel. All employees must test regularly and submit results. Masks are required to be worn on all properties at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their application through the online portal. All applicants will receive a response to their application within two weeks of submission.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.