Food Pantry Associate (10am-6pm)
Rosie's Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
The Food Pantry at Rosie’s Place aims to provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for guests using this program. The Food Pantry Coordinator will provide groceries to the women who come to Rosie’s Place under the supervision and direction of the Food Pantry Assistant Manager.
- Greet guests and explain the procedures of the Food Pantry.
- Utilize computer database to check in guests and verify identity.
- Sort and pack food pantry items to be distributed to the guests of Rosie’s Place Food Pantry.
- Provide guidance to Essential Service Workers and other staff members when they work shifts in the food pantry.
- Organize food donations and deliveries and stock shelves.
- Complete daily log entry and record daily refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Clean and sanitize spaces regular in accordance with food safety guidelines.
- Respond to all matters, questions and concerns in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Provide information to guests about services that Rosie’s Place has to offer, and other resources outside of Rosie’s Place.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Food Program Director or Food Pantry Assistant Manager.
- A high school diploma or 2 years related work experience.
- Ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin in addition to English, strongly preferred.
- Strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Rosie’s Place.
- Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style.
- Ability to work independently.
- Physical ability for lifting and standing for several hours at a time.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be assertive when needed in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Job is performed in a grocery store setting. Day to day work includes lifting, stocking and cleaning as well as interaction with staff, guests, and volunteers. Individuals must be physically able to safely lift 50lbs, reach, bend and stoop, as well as stand for long periods of time.
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. The Food Pantry Associate is an exempt position and is expected to work onsite at Rosie’s Place during their work week and engage regularly with staff, guests, and volunteers.
We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them and all employees must follow our safety protocols.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary range for this position is $17.00-$20.00 per hour with a robust benefits package. Rosie’s Place offers medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT ROSIE’S PLACE
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them. We require all employees to receive the COVID vaccine. For the safety of the community, Rosie’s Place employees are expected to obtain COVID tests if they have symptoms or have traveled by plane. Quarantining may be required after air travel. All employees must test regularly and submit results. Masks are required to be worn on all properties at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their application through the online portal. All applicants will receive a response to their application within two weeks of submission.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.