Essential Services Worker (Wed-Sun)
Rosie's Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
Rosie’s Place is seeking people to work in our essential services programs during the global COVID-19 pandemic, by ensuring that Rosie’s Place guests have a safe, warm and welcoming place to stay. Reporting to the Senior Director of Emergency Services, this position will fill shifts in a variety of essential programs, including the Food Pantry, Dining Room and Front Desk.
This job is full-time, 40-hours per week.
- Wednesday through Friday: 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 5:00pm
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Since this position will work in several different departments and roles, the responsibilities are diverse and varied. People working in this role must be flexible and willing to work where assigned.
- Work in Rosie’s Place Food Programs, including the Food Pantry and the Dining Room. Duties will include sorting, packing and distributing food in the Food Pantry, and cooking and serving meals in the Dining Room.
- Work in our Front Lobby, including the Front Desk and Medical Screening station. Duties will include logging guest names when they come in, assisting our nurse with screening, answering the phone and the front door, sorting and distributing mail, and assisting guests with daily essential needs.
- Use a computer database to accurately enter guest data.
- Respond to all matters, questions and concerns in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Emergency Services or the Manager of the essential service program where you are working.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to learn new skills and act as a team-player
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Must be well-organized
- Experience working in human services, customer service or food service preferred
- Ability to use computers and other office equipment
- Must be able to commit to Rosie’s Place for at least 6 months
- Day to day work includes lifting, stocking and cleaning as well as
interaction with staff and guests. Individuals must be physically able to safely lift 50lbs, reach, bend, stoop, and move in a repetitive motion, as well as stand for long periods of time.
WHAT WE OFFER
The salary range for this role is $17-20 per hour and is commensurate with experience. We’ll promote your professional growth and development by providing access to a benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 403b retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT ROSIE’S PLACE
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them. We require all employees to receive the COVID vaccine. For the safety of the community, Rosie’s Place employees are expected to obtain COVID tests if they have symptoms or have traveled by plane. Quarantining may be required after air travel. All employees must test regularly and submit results. Masks are required to be worn on all properties at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their application through the online portal. All applicants will receive a response to their application within two weeks of submission.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.