Rosie's Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
The Development Associate will work to provide operations support to the Development Department and help cultivate and steward relationships with Rosie’s Place supporters and volunteers. In partnership with other members of the Development Team, the Development Associate is responsible for gift processing and donor acknowledgment as well as helping to coordinate several fundraising activities including the monthly giving, tribute, in-kind and employee giving and workplace matching gift programs. Reporting to the Development Operations Manager, the Development Associate helps manage the integrity of the Rosie’s Place fundraising record-keep process.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Participate in all aspects of Development operations and gift processing.
- Enter gifts into the Raiser’s Edge/NXT database including donations received by check, cash, credit card, and direct debit. Ensure accuracy and expediency of gift entry.
- Download credit card and direct debit gifts and donor updates processed through the website via the Luminate Online/Raiser’s Edge/NXT plug-in throughout the year and during the year-end busy season.
- Proof, prepare and mail acknowledgement letter batches.
- Help coordinate filing of gift backup for donors.
- Assist with mailings, prospect research and other stewardship initiatives and provide administrative support as needed to and other Development Team members.
- Help confirm matching gifts for donors and with entering and acknowledging gifts from employee giving and workplace matching gift programs.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Development Operations Manager.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative and busy department.
- Strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Rosie’s Place.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and fundraising database systems (Raiser’s Edge/NXT) and Luminate Online experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Capable to work independently and take initiative while keeping supervisor informed appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to represent Rosie’s Place professionally with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate the mission and philosophy of Rosie’s Place.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement, think quickly on your feet and be welcoming to all.
- 1-2 years of experience in fundraising in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrate technical competency and capacity to learn new software systems.
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. The Development Associate is a 40 hours/week, exempt position and is expected to work onsite at Rosie’s Place during their work week and engage regularly with staff, guests and volunteers. The position may require travel between facilities or community locations.
We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them and all employees must follow our safety protocols. It is required that all Rosie’s Place staff members are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For the safety of the community, Rosie’s Place employees are expected to obtain COVID tests if they have symptoms or have traveled by plane. Quarantining may be required after air travel. All employees must test regularly and submit results. Masks are required to be worn on all properties at all times.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary range for this position is $42,000-$50,000 with a robust benefits package. Rosie’s Place offers medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.