Volunteer Services Associate
Rosie's Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
The Volunteer Services Associate assists with volunteering at Rosie’s Place, overseeing daily operations of a large volunteer program that engages interested community members and addresses unmet organizational needs. Working as a member of the Community Engagement team, and reporting to the Volunteer and Intern Manager, they create transformative volunteer experiences that inspire social justice action.
- Assist with all aspects of a high-volume volunteer program including recruitment, screening, selection, orientation, training, supervision, recognition and retention.
- Communicate daily with volunteers in person as well as through emails, phone calls and virtual meetings.
- Engage prospective volunteers and match them with appropriate volunteer opportunities.
- Support logistics of episodic volunteer opportunities as well as ongoing long term and special skilled volunteer positions.
- Assist with recruitment, screening, selection, orientation, training, supervision, and recognition of year-round internship program.
- Supervise volunteers and interns in select programs.
- Perform data entry in volunteer management database.
- Establish, maintain and cultivate collaborative relationships with all stakeholders including staff, guests, volunteers and community members.
- Coordinate experiential learning experiences through school partnerships, service experiences and internship placements that meet the needs of the organization and encourage participants to work for social justice.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as assigned by the Volunteer and Intern Manager.
- Experience working with volunteers strongly preferred.
- Strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Rosie’s Place.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow‐through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment.
- Proven ability to work flexibly and creatively within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate the mission and philosophy of Rosie’s Place.
- Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and think quickly on your feet.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with database management preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range for this role is $42,00-$50,000 and is commensurate with experience. We’ll promote your professional growth and development by providing access to a benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 403b retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT ROSIE’S PLACE
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. The Volunteer Services Coordinator is a 40 hours per week position and is expected to work onsite at Rosie’s Place during their work week and engage regularly with staff, guests and volunteers. The position may require travel between Rosie’s Place buildings or community locations.
We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them. Among these protocols, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID, and undergo regular COVID testing and submit results. Masks are required to be worn on all Rosie’s Place properties at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their application through the online portal. All applicants will receive a response to their application within two weeks of submission.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.