Rosie’s Place was founded in 1974 as the first women’s shelter in the United States. Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment to help poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity and find security in their lives.
Over the years, we have become much more than a shelter. We are a multi-service community center that not only provides meals and shelter but also creates answers for thousands of women a year through wide-ranging support, housing and education services. Rosie’s Place relies on the generous support of individuals, foundations and corporations and does not accept any city, state or federal funding.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, expenses and other related financial activities while carrying out fiscal control procedures and policies.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assist with monthly close processes
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance
- Maintain documentation for accounts payable and purchasing and conducting internal audits
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Respond to information requests
- Assist with annual external audits
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field
- At least three years of related experience
- Strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Rosie’s Place
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong, professional ethics, integrity, and accountability in all actions
- Team player with a positive attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
The starting salary range for this full-time, exempt position is $52,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience.
Rosie’s Place offers a robust benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution once eligible, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, and more.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT ROSIE’S PLACE
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. The Staff Accountant is expected to work onsite at Rosie’s Place during their work week and engage regularly with staff, guests and volunteers. While this position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule, flexibility with days on-site is required in order to fulfill work obligations and to take part in organization meetings, trainings and events. The position requires travel between Rosie’s Place buildings.
We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them, and all employees must follow our safety protocols. Among these protocols, we require all employees to be up to date with their COVID vaccinations and undergo regular COVID testing and submit results. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from the COVID vaccination are considered. Masks are required to be worn on all Rosie’s Place properties at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter through Rosie’s Place’s online portal to apply.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
At Rosie's Place, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion are core components of justice. We commit to acting on a daily basis to dismantle injustice to ensure that opportunities and equitable outcomes are available to all members of our community regardless of individual characteristics including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation or perceived ability.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity in our workplace and strongly encourages applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer, and qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.